Creative Critical Reflection

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3  

Question 4-

This entire process has been defined by our use of the technology and adapting our vision to what we could reasonably do with the technology. The start of our process was working with the different technologies we would have to use. Going into the project we did not know if we wanted to do a movie or a magazine. Working with PremierPro and then InDesign we were able to gauge how easily we could create either a movie or a magazine. Neither Sam nor I had any real experience with video editing so we decided against the movie. It is not that we did not want to handle the challenge, it is that we did not want to put more time into learning the program than actually making our project. We did have more experience with photo editing and creating visual projects such as brochures. We would be able to start working from the very beginning by creating a magazine. The first parts of our concepts and designs were on paper. We made some very early paper designs that we completely abandoned later in the process. Parallel to this, we made designs in both Word and InDesign to get a feel for what we could do with the technology. Once we had a working paper design I started creating digital versions. For the first versions I stuck to using Word. I had more experience with Word than InDesign, and it is a more flexible program than InDesign, albeit less precise. This made it quick and simple to get those designs into a digital format. Once we had those designs in Word and had rough drafts, we could easily recreate them in InDesign. Outside of Word and InDesign I did not make extensive use of other programs. At one point I tried using PDFs and attaching those PDFs to blogger but that was a futile effort. It was easier to take screenshots and then add those to the blog posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Production: The Planning

Production 2: Topic

Post-Production: The Execution