After our audience feedback, I had a very clear idea as to I needed to change. Overall the product was all right and fit the genre of the magazine. I was going to keep the actual article content the same, as that portion was all right. I just needed to change a few design features. The most major change would be for the cover. Secondly I would add some additional content to the content page and then match my page designs.
Over the time I have been working on my feature article, elements of the topic have naturally changed. For me it was what I would focus on. Initially I wanted to do a profile of numerous climate change events in history, with a focus on the Late Bronze Age Collapse and the 4.2 Kiloyear Event, with mention of other climatic events such as the mini-Ice Age of the 17 th century and the Younger Dryas. I realized this was way too much to put into a magazine article. If given the time I could write a short book on these together, so there was just too much to cover. I decided to focus on the 4.2 Kiloyear event, which was the most interesting to me. How I have decided to approach and cover has changed as well. Initially I was hoping to “reconstruct” the event from many sources, but now I just want to cover the history with scientific explanation and research accompanying it.
The biggest thing I changed was the cover. The masthead and fonts were okay, but I changed the color scheme and replaced the cover image. Instead of a solid red cover, I used a white background with a red border. This has a more subtle look and is not as over powering as the solid red. I removed the wetland from the cover image and just included the desert image, which is more emblematic of the cover article topic. On the content page I added some more article titles and a timeline. For the article pages I added the red border to keep with the overall style and enhance the magazine.
Comments
Post a Comment