Production 4: Pictures
The pictures I would be using in the magazine was bound to be a problem from the start. I am unable to travel to Iraq and Egypt to take my own photos, and the sheer age of my topic would make it impossible to get many useable photos anyway. I had to find a solution. So I started thinking of photos of Iraq I would use in my article. Irrigation canals and marshlands are a defining feature of southern Mesopotamia, and where I live in Florida has a similar enough landscape to southern Iraq. In my area there are numerous drainage canals, which when view from the correct angle are very similar in appearance to those in Iraq. I went out and took some photos canals, and those will be included in the magazine. I will soon be placing an order for a block of clay, and I will make replica cuneiform tablets to include in the article. I can also rely on some of Sam’s work as well. A few summers ago he went to Utah and I can use some of his original photos in lieu of Iraqi desert shots. The landscape of Utah and southern Iraq are very different, but in some of Sam’s photos the land is flat enough to be manipulated in editing to look like Iraq.
Comments
Post a Comment