Production 3: Experts
This magazine was going to be different in how the interviews would be handled. It was not merely a matter of just finding someone and asking some questions. If Sam and I were to conduct useable interviews for our magazines, it would require serious prep work before conducting those interviews. My initial strategy was to reconstruct the topic through expert opinion. I would get multiple interview responses, and use the information in that to paint a picture then to write out the actual history. For example, I was originally planning to find a climatologist specialized in Anatolia to interview about precipitation levels in Anatolia. I checked the faculties of a few Anglophone universities in Turkey but I was unable to find anyone to interview. This made me rethink my approach. I was going to move into a more story telling role rely on research studies and existing interviews in the meantime. In my end of semester draft the article does not have any original interviews, but I will proceed with the process.
Comments
Post a Comment