Production 1: Design
Sam and I had to collaborate on the design of the magazine. We took quite a while actually deciding on a style. In the original design I had made a pseudo historical design for the cover, based on late 19th century neo-medieval design. I did not like this style though. Something about it was weird to me. I thought it would be better to use a modernist, minimalist design instead. After making some design in that style, what I called “Ikea” style, I realized I did not like the original design because it was not neutral enough. I did not want this magazine to have a strong character, I wanted it to have balanced and detached nature. The pseudo-historical style had too much character to it and would make the style unbalanced. The original design was too European and would give non-European topics an inauthentic feel. In order to reconcile this mismatching problem, I felt that the minimalist style was better.
Comments
Post a Comment